It’s not often you get to see the residents of Oakland puke up something besides alcohol and dorm food. But this Saturday the Pennsylvania Phi Chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity at Carnegie Mellon University will be holding its annual CMU Donut Dash to raise money for Children’s Hospital. They are hoping to raise $7,500 this year.
The Donut Dash will begin behind Hunt Library on the Carnegie Mellon campus. From there the runners will run the perimeter the campus. At the one mile mark runners will be given a dozen donuts, which they must finish before they complete the second mile of the race.
For the less daring residents of Pittsburgh who don’t like the idea of downing a dozen donuts before running a mile, you can also participate in either the team event or the casual competition. Teams must split the dozen donuts between three runners, while casual runner may eat as many (or few) donuts as they feel they can handle.
So head on down to CMU this Saturday to get a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and a stomach cramp for a good cause. The event begins at 10am. The entry fee is $15 for individual runners; $39 for a team of three.
Do you have to be a CMU student to register?
- No! Anyone can race and help raise money for Children’s Hospital.
- Local Pittsburghers are encouraged to participate.
What if I wanna race but will puke if I eat 12 donuts?
- That’s ok! You can run the race as a casual competitor.
What if I don’t feel like running?
- That’s ok! You can contribute by clicking the donate button here.
When is the 2010 Donut Dash?
Saturday, October 23
- Check-in at 10:00am
- Individual/Team race starts at 10:30am
- Casual runners begin running at 10:45am
Where should we go?
- Frew Street behind Carnegie Mellon (map)
What else is going on?
- Live music, food, awards, and a raffle!