Super Bowl Recipe: Pizza Pull-Apart Bread
Since the Steelers didn’t make it to the big game this year, there’s really only two things you need to worry about on Sunday—making some delicious food and having a fridge stocked with cold beer. Oh, and cheering against the Patriots. (Pittsburgh hates you Tom Brady.)
So if you’re still searching the web for something to make for the game, look no further, this Pizza Pull-Apart Bread is for you. That is unless you are on a diet. If you are on a diet, do not eat this. Or even try it—you won’t be able to just have one bite. You’ve been warned.
The sourdough pulls off into bite-size pieces and the pepperoni gets crispy, the cheese gets gooey, and the crust gets crunchy. This pizza bread is quick to prep and make and will be devoured by both kids and adults. Feel free to experiment with the flavors and fixings– you could add diced peppers and onions to keep with the pizza idea or go a different route and stuff it with cheddar cheese and sliced ham. Oh, the possibilities…
Pizza Pull-Apart Bread Ingredients
- 1 round loaf of sourdough bread
- Provolone cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni slices
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasonings
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara or ranch for dipping
*I didn’t include exact measurements for the mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoni because it all depends on how big your loaf is and how big you cut your bread squares. Put in as much or as little as you please.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Slice the sourdough lengthwise and then widthwise. Don’t be afraid of the bread crumbling or tearing, the sourdough holds up well.
3. Stuff and fill the bread with mozzarella, provolone, and pepperoni.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the garlic powder and Italian seasonings. Brush on top of the sourdough loaf and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Wrap the entire pizza bread with foil and bake for 15 minutes on a baking sheet. After 15 minutes, remove the foil and put back in to the oven for 10-12 minutes until the pepperoni is crispy on the edges and the cheese is melted.
6. Serve with marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
What else will you have for the game Sunday? Share your ideas and pics in the comments below…