Boring Pittsburgh Guidelines
By posting on Boring Pittsburgh articles or in the Pittsburgh Forums, you agree to the guidelines outlined on this page.
We respectfully ask all users to comply with the guidelines at all times while on the site.
If you not comply, Boring Pittsburgh site administrators and moderators reserve the right to edit your post, delete you account, or permanently ban your email address and/or IP address from future access.
- Be Nice – We are all adults, therefore we do not censor our users from using swear words in their comments or posts, we will not tolerate blatantly disruptive rudeness or trolling. Intense debating is welcome and encouraged, but do not allow it to get out of control. Threats are cause for being banned permanently. You are a guest in this community, act like it.
- Do No Spam – Spam is boring and will be removed immediately. If you have a Pittsburgh product or site to share with other members, post it in the designated Business Directory after reading the rules of that section. You will be issued one warning and your post will be deleted or moved to the appropriate section. If you continue to post spam after the warning, your account will be removed entirely.
- Linking – In both the article comments and the Pittsburgh Forum, you are may link to your website and social networks, but the links may not connect users to sites or images containing pornography, violence, or anything else determined by BPGH moderators to be offensive to the community.
- Keep it Clean – Do not use any images in your avatar or post any pictures/video on the site which are sexually explicit or are
- Stay on Topic – If you have a thought or question that is not pertaining to the topic being discussed, start a new thread and post it there, or contact us about it directly.
- Participate at Your Own Risk – If you engage in conversations, meetings, or agreements with other members of this site, you do so at your own risk. Boring Pittsburgh cannot be with you to hold your hand and teach you common sense when dealing with strangers. Use discretion when posting any identifying information such as your real name, address, or phone number. Use your best judgement.
- We do not share any member information, but may use it to contact you directly if we have a question about a post you made.
- It is your responsibility to read and stay on top of current Boring Pittsburgh guidelines and policies.
- Boring Pittsburgh reserves the right to disable any account at any time for any reason and without any notice.
- If there are any guidelines or policies you do not understand, you can contact us here or post your concern in the Info Desk.
- We reserve the right to modify and change these guidelines and policies at any time without notice.
It’s pretty simple. If you don’t like what we do, if you don’t want to follow the rules, or if you are a just complete jagoff in general, you are not welcome to use this site and should find somewhere else to be boring.
Thanks for helping us make Pittsburgh less boring!