For 42 years, the Craftsmen’s Guild of Pittsburgh has been celebrating creativity and artistic expression in a garden setting full of trees and green grass. A Fair in the Park started in 1969 and has been going strong ever since. Held in the historical Mellon Park, the festival is considered to be one of the best arts and crafts shows in the country. It’s a free, end of summer tradition in the Burgh, and not to be missed. Join over 25,000 people and browse the work of over 100 artists. Aside from the fresh air and beautiful scenery, this event offers something for everyone, plus live music (schedule below) and lots of fun activities for kids. Scan through the list of artists here.
When is it?
Friday, September 9 – from 1pm – 7pm
Saturday, September 10 – from 10am – 7pm
Sunday, September 11 – from 10am – 5pm
Did someone say live music?
- Fri, 2pm – 4pm – Ray Ryan New Orleans Riverside Band
- Sat, 11:30am – 1pm – Mean Mary
- Sat, 1:30pm – 3pm – Members of American Pie (oldies)
- Sat, 3:30pm – 5pm – Pete Bush & the Hoi Polloi
- Sat, 5:30pm – 7pm – Lovebettie
- Sun, 11:30am – 1pm – Jay Hitt
- Sun, 1:30pm – 3pm – Mahajibee Blues
- Sun, 3:30pm – 5pm – Cathasaigh
Where is it?
Mellon Park ( map)
Next to the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts
Corner of Fifth and Shady in Shadyside
Parking lot is accessible from Shady Ave
How much does it cost?