In a city as boring as the mayor’s Twitter feed, what would we do without our loyal fans and followers. Thank you all. Happy Thanksgiving 2010!
Are any stores open on Thanksgiving Day in the Burgh?
- K-Mart from 6:00 am until 9:00 pm (full list of holiday hours here)
- Giant Eagle Market District stores are open until 4:00 pm and reopen at 3am for a Black Friday gift card sale. (thanks to @theebayk1d for the tip. He’s #BurghVerified)
Does Pittsburgh have a Thanksgiving Day parade?
No. But you can watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on TV. It starts in New York City at 9am and runs for 3 hours. Pittsburgh has a parade on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, called the Celebrate the Seasons Parade. Actually it was renamed the My Macy’s Holiday Parade. LAME-O.
What else is there to do on Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh?
Nothing, really. Go see a movie with everyone else.
- SouthSide Works (showtimes)
- Manor Theatre (showtimes)
- Carmike in Robinson (showtimes)
- Loews Waterfront (showtimes)
If you know of any places that are open on Thanksgiving, or have some suggestions, please leave them in the comments section below…