2011 Three Rivers Arts Festival – What to Expect
Summer has finally decided to roll into town and that means art and live music in Pittsburgh! The Three Rivers Arts Festival starts on Friday and continues through next Sunday… but don’t wait until the last minute to get in on the free concerts, films, and outdoor fun. Plan your visit now!
2011 Pittsburgh Arts Fest highlights
This event has way too many mini events to list, please check the full schedule!
Some of the FREE concerts:
- JazzLive Crawl (6/3/11 9pm Throughout the Cultural District)
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (6/5/11 6pm Dollar Bank Stage)
- The Incline (6/6/11 12pm Dollar Bank Stage)
- Formula412 (6/9/11 8:10pm Dollar Bank Stage)
- Read our interview with Formula 412
Some of the FREE films:
- Secret Museums
- !Women Art Revolution
- Views on Vermeer
- Between the Folds
- Desert of Forbidden Art
- Film Kitchen Contest
- The Woodsmans
- The New Wave By Itself
- Notes on Marie Menken
Some of the other FREE stuff:
- Reuse-a-palooza! (Daily) (website)
- Magic Show (6/12/11 12:15pm, 2:15pm, 4:15pm)
- Art Launch: 3, 2, 1 Blastoff! (weekends) (@PghKids)
- Craft-O-Tron (daily) (@SteelTownEtsy @pghcraftotron)
- I Made It! Market (daily) (@imadeitmarket #BurghVerified)
The event is free for all, but remember to take cash with you to support your local artists. Most of the vendors are setup to accept credit cards – but when you swipe your cards, they will have to pay extra fees. It costs these folks over $400 to be at the show, which means they have to sell $400 worth of goods just to pay for being there. So if you see something you like, don’t be shy! If you love Pittsburgh so much, then support your local businesses before you buy junk at the big-box department stores.
When is the Three Rivers Arts Fest?
Friday, June 3, 2011 – Sunday, June 12, 2011
What are the hours?
Artists Market is from 12pm – 8pm daily
The Creativity Zone is 12pm – 6pm daily
Check out the galleries 11am – 8pm Mon-Sat and 12pm – 6pm Sun
Where is it?
Downtown Pittsburgh around Point State Park/Hertz Gateway Center/Cultural District
How much is it?
This is Pittsburgh… What if it rains?
All events are rain or shine unless unless otherwise noted!
Can we booze up there?
Alcohol is not served at the festival, but you can get lobster burgers!